TOPIC SUMMARY: Covenants Variance, Drainage, Insurance, Monument Repairs, Neighborhood Watch, Newsletter, Officer Roles, Richmond Entry, Sidewalks, Social Events, Website
Minutes of Savannah Crossing Homeowners Association
Meeting of the Board of Directors and Homeowners
November 18, 2015
CALL TO ORDER: A Board Meeting of Savannah Crossing Homeowners Association was held at The Wooden Nickel in Glen Carbon on November 18, 2015. The meeting convened at 6:05 pm, President Mike Homann presiding.
ROLL CALL/ATTENDANCE: This was a well-attended event, with most of the Board and several homeowners in attendance. I failed to take the sign-in sheet with me when the meeting ended. Rather than take the chance that I might omit some attendees, I will describe it as “well-attended”.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES of prior meeting
- President: None
- Vice President: None
- Secretary: Procedure for addressing requests for variance
- Communications: Will have draft newsletter ready in January 2016
- Safety: Met with Police Dept. about forming neighborhood watch. Plan on presenting the idea to homeowners at the February 2016 budget approval meeting.
- Social: Will send out notice of Christmas lights contest in October 2016
- Webmaster: Will send link to Board of prototype website for neighborhood
- Welcoming: None
- Drainage issues findings: Need to find out more from Developer
- Planning second Richmond entry: Will solicit input from Developer
- Sidewalks in a no-build zone: Need more input from the Village & Developer
- Monument maintenance: Input will be sought from newest Board member Jake Snyder
- Board openings for Landscaping: Jake Snyder was officially named Director of Landscaping
- Repairing monument: Stone is disintegrating; sealant did not work; pumps keep burning out. Suggestion made to ask a Developer to help turn it into a waterless monument.
- Monitoring and responding to homeowner requests made to web address: Tyler Winters will initially reply and follow up
- Welcoming baskets: Involve GC & Edw Chamber of Commerce; title companies alert Treasurer, who will alert Welcoming Director
- Quote for homeowners association insurance: Delayed until next meeting to allow time to complete inquiries
ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at 7:25 p.m.
Jan Stephenson, Secretary
Date of Minutes Approval: February 4, 2016