TOPIC SUMMARY: Budget, Drainage Issues, Easter Egg Hunt, Insurance, Landscaping Volunteers, Lawn Care, Meeting with Mayor, Monument Maintenance, Neighborhood Awareness Program, Playground, Richmond Entrance, Sidewalks, Trash Container Fencing, Website, Welcoming Baskets
Minutes of Savannah Crossing Homeowners Association
Meeting of the Board of Directors and Committee Heads
February 4, 2016
Call to Order: A Board Meeting of the Savannah Crossing Homeowners Association was held at The Wooden Nickel in Glen Carbon on February 4, 2016. The meeting convened at 6:05 pm, President Mike Homann presiding.
- Board Members Present: Randy Clements, Aaron Heepke, Mike Homann, Jake Snyder, Jan Stephenson, Suzanne Tatlici and Matt Thouvenot.
- Board Members Absent: Dawn Dimitroff, Megan Mushovic and Tyler Winters.
Approval of Minutes of Prior Meeting
Reports of Officers:
- President: Deferred remarks until later in meeting
- Secretary: Reminder-Homeowners association meeting with Mayor Jackstadt on 2/25/2016
- Treasurer: Committee budgets review
- Vice President: Not present
Reports of Committees:
- Communications: Not present
- Landscaping: Will solicit the participation of a landscaping crew to assist this year
- Safety: Police Department will briefly present neighborhood awareness program at our March meeting with homeowners
- Social: Easter Egg Hunt Sunday 3/13/2016 at 3:00 pm; Block party Saturday 6/11/2016 at 5:00 pm
- Webmaster: Update on new website
- Welcoming: Ideas on welcoming baskets for new homeowners
- Drainage Issues – Homeowner inquiry on 1/4/2016 – Mike Homann met with Developer and visited the lot. Jan Stephenson will respond to homeowner.
- Planning second Richmond entry – Mike Homann met with Developer to discuss sharing costs. Suggestions requested on structure/cost.
- Sidewalk completion on an “un-buildable” lot – Developer says it is a lot that will be built on, and sidewalk will have to wait until home is built.
- Blockage in drainage ditch – Developer will regrade a ditch and certain lots
- Maintaining the monument in 2016 – Developer requested copies of repair estimates
- Possibility of HOA buying a lot for playground in Phase 3 or 4 – Defer discussion until next meeting
- Quote for homeowners association insurance – quotes received and evaluated; will renew with current provider
- Mowing/trimming common areas – Board approved continuance of contract with Jeff Silvey
- New trash barrels/recycle containers coming in May 2016 – Mike Homann met with Developer, who suggested the Board could approve small 5′ x 5′ white L-shaped fencing to hide the containers from view, if containers do not fit in homeowners’ garages. Developer will verify that such fencing complies with Covenants and Restrictions.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:28 pm.