Topic Summary: Fall Yard Sale, Neighborhood Watch, Fall Block Party update, Board Election,
Call to Order: A Board Meeting of the Savannah Crossing Homeowners Association was held at the
Glen Carbon Senior Center on Thursday, September 21 st , 2017. The meeting convened at 6:07 pm,
President Mike Homann presiding.
Board Members Present:
- Mike Homann, President
- Blake Berner, Vice President
- Megan Irvin, Secretary
- Matthew Thouvenot, Webmaster
- Randy Clements, Safety Director
- Suzanne Tatlici, Welcoming Director
Reports of Officers:
- President: Reached out to Mike Bold with R.L Plumber again to schedule a meeting to discuss various topics (C&R vote, drainage, street signs, Richmond entrance monument)
- Secretary: C&R Amendment update; Vote still hinges on R.L. Plumber meeting.
- Future HOA meetings – Will set schedule for rest of year and next. Will still hold monthly meetings, excluding breaks, and will alternate between open-to- public meetings and board member only meetings.
- Treasurer: Current account of finances
Reports of Committees:
- Communications: Fall Yard Sale Friday September 22nd 4-8pm, Sat September 23 rd 8-12pm. Maps have been printed and will be placed at each entrance. Week prior only two houses had expressed interest so an ad was not posted in the Edge or Edwardsville Intelligencer
- Safety: Neighborhood watch; Still waiting for “Block Captains” volunteers. Resident noticed a suspicious white car in neighborhood
- Social: Fall Block Party 9/9 went well. New location seemed to draw in new residents
- Welcoming: 21 baskets when out this summer. 11 more to go (maybe more). Next round should go out before Halloween. Plan to send out 2x year, once in spring, once in fall.
- Board Member Vote: Had 10% of residents represented at Block Party / Annual Meeting. All present board members are re-appointed. One right in for Landscaping Director – to address.
- Raising HOA Annual Dues: R.L. Plumber has offered to pay and install updated street signs in phases 4, 5 and 6 *IF* the HOA agrees to pay for the same street signs in phases 1, 2 and 3. Increased dues will also go towards Richmond Entrance monument
- Suggested Meeting: even though the board tries to recruit residents to attend the HOA meeting, typically the meetings to not get a great turnout. It was suggested that if we were hold a meeting to explain the increased dues (as it was in this meeting) residents would be more receptive, if not enthused. Resident volunteered the Manny Jackson center as a meeting location option.
Approval of Prior Meeting’s Minutes
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:40 pm